Friday, July 30, 2010

life's portrait workshop

by request of my lovely friend who lives in a middle of nowhere with no zip code...i'm throwing my first private workshop for a group of 7 artsy ladies.  i mean, they're the city's creme de la creme of scraps and beyond.  so that's like me landing in normandy on world war II with a pair of scissors with a mission to overtake the germans.  by the way, i was just kidding about my friend's domain.  it's my pun for her severely impaired internet connection which allows her to type 1 3/4 of a sentence before it lags for another 15 minutes.  we're planning to communicate by owl mail in the future.

anyway, it began with her request for a carousel pop up album and she managed to convince the whole troop to join during their next gathering, which is august 7.



i'm calling mine, "portrait of a young girl"  after portrait of an artist as a young man and portrait of a lady of course.  i recently found a black and white negative of me and my brothers from when we were toddlers.  considering that's close to 40 years, the negatives were in a pretty good shape.  a dear friend is helping me cleaning up some spots and i'm up to scrap them major style.  now that i think of it, i should be calling it portrait of a young lady.  see if i can peel it off.

i will share the pop up dream catcher page after the workshop. that last page is my favorite and rather ambitious i should say.

2 comments:

Ria said...

I am one of that fortunate seven, and eagerly dreaming to see that last page. Thank you, dear lady. *Hugss.

ALICE WAHYUNI said...

Dear Colette...from deepest my heart ..."Thank You"...@_@